Low-carb Coq Au Vin
(chicken in wine sauce)
Preparation & Cooking Time: 45 minutes
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 bone-in chicken breasts (about 12 ounces each), skin removed, trimmed
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
4 ounces mushrooms, quartered (about 1 1/2 cups)
2 large carrots, thinly sliced
1 small onion, halved and sliced
1 teaspoon crumbled dried rosemary
1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup dry red wine, preferably Zinfandel
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Making it Happen:
1. Place flour in a shallow dish. Cut each chicken breast in half on the diagonal to get 4 portions about equal in weight. (Two will be smaller but thicker, the other two larger but thinner.) Sprinkle the chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and dredge in the flour. Whisk water with 2 tablespoons of the leftover flour in a small bowl; set aside.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and add the chicken. Cook, turning once or twice, until lightly browned on all sides, 5 to 7 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.
3. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan; reduce heat to medium-low. Add mushrooms, carrots, onion and rosemary and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened and browned in spots, about 5 minutes.
4. Add broth, wine, tomato paste and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Stir until the tomato paste is dissolved. Bring to a simmer.
5. Return the chicken and any accumulated juice to the pan. Cover, reduce the heat to maintain a simmer and cook, stirring once or twice, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast registers 165°F, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a serving plate.
6. Increase the heat under the sauce to medium-high. Stir the water-flour mixture, add it to the pan and cook, stirring, until the sauce is thickened, about 1 minute. Serve the chicken with the sauce, sprinkled with parsley.
Per serving: 288 calories; 10 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 68 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 28g protein; 2 g fiber; 641 mg sodium; 623 mg potassium.
Source : http://www.110pounds.com/?p=12835