- 1 lb sweet Italian turkey sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups chopped pumpkin or butternut squash
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- Cook sausage in a medium sized saucepan. Add onion and sauté until translucent.
- Pour the broth and water into the saucepan and bring to a boil – reduce heat.
- Add the kale and pumpkin and simmer until the pumpkin is soft, about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with grated parmesan and crushed red pepper flakes.
Nutritional facts per serving:
(Makes 8 servings)
6 grams of total fat
5.5 grams of carbs
11 grams of protein
Click here to download this recipe as a pdf.