- 4 ounces uncooked whole-grain penne or rotini pasta
- 8 ounces fresh or frozen shelled edamame
- 1 1/2 cups sweet grape tomatoes, quartered
- 16 pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves, or 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crumbled (optional)
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 medium lemon, halved (optional)
- 2 ounces crumbled reduced-fat feta
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, omitting any salt or fats and adding the edamame during the last 2 minutes of cooking time.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, olives, basil rosemary (optional), garlic, and pepper flakes (optional). Toss to blend and set aside.
- Drain the pasta and edamame in a colander, place on a serving platter or pasta bowl, squeeze lemon over all (optional), top with feta, and mound the tomato mixture in the center.
Makes 4 servings containing approximately:
32 grams of carbs
7 grams of total fat
4 grams of sugar
340 milligrams of sodium
7 grams of fiber
5 milligrams of cholesterol
13 grams of protein
Click here to download this recipe as a pdf.