Baked Friday-Night Fish Fry
– 4 (4 ounce) fish fillets
– Cooking spray
– 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
– 3 tablespoons cornmeal
– 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
– 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
– 1 tablespoon coconut oil
– 1 egg white, slightly beaten
– 1/2 teaspoon water
– 4 lemon wedges
1. Rinse and pat each fillet dry with paper towels. Measure the thickness (thickest place) of your fish fillets.
2. Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees.
3. Stir together the breadcrumbs, corn meal, celery salt and red pepper. Add the coconut oil to this mix and blend with a fork. Set aside.
4. In a small bowl, beat the water and egg white together and then brush one side of each fillet with the egg white. Dip each fillet in the breadcrumb mixture on the egg white side.
5. Spray a baking pan with the cooking spray and place the fillets, crumb side up, in the pan.
6. Bake, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes for each 1/2″ thickness of fish, or, until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
7. Serve with a lemon wedge on the side.
Nutritional Facts per serving:
(Makes 4 servings)
5 grams of total fat
203.2 milligrams of sodium
62.3 milligrams of cholesterol
0.9 grams of fiber
0.6 grams of sugar
8.9 grams of carbohydrates
Click here to download a printable .PDF version of this recipe