Getting Ready for your Evaluation
What to expect during your first physical therapy or occupational therapy appointment:
1. Evaluation: During your first visit, your therapist will ask about your related medical history and examine your current condition. The therapist will assess pain and mobility with special tests. The evaluation process will guide you and your therapist in developing a customized treatment plan as well as an effective home-exercise program. Your therapist lead initial evaluation should take up to one hour, the frequency and length of your treatment prescription will vary depending on your needs and goals, and will be determined after your initial therapist evaluation.
2. What to wear: Dress comfortably. It is important to wear clothing that will allow your therapist to access the body part being treated. *Please note Restrictive clothing will limit the ability to fully assess your mobility. Shorts are recommended for your lower body, while tank tops are recommended for neck and shoulder. Vita has private treatment rooms; however, you may also be in our gym area for access to some rehabilitation equipment.
3. What to bring: Insurance cards, driver’s license or other valid photo identification, medication list, any medical records relevant to your concern, and the referral from your doctor. As a courtesy to you, we will contact your physician’s office directly if you do not have your medical records or valid physician referral (when needed)
4. Time: Please arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment to complete all necessary paperwork. Follow up treatment sessions are 45-60 min.
5. Cancelling/Rescheduling: If you are unable to make it to your appointment, please notify us 24 hours in advance and we will work with you to reschedule for a more convenient time. Without proper notification, you may be subject to a cancellation fee.