- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 chia egg (1 tablespoon chia seeds + 3 tablespoons water)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat or oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, make your chia egg by mixing 1 tablespoon chia seeds with 3 tablespoons warm water. Mix and set aside for a few minutes.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix all wet ingredients in a bowl (including the chia egg).
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until all ingredients are well-blended.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Scoop into a greased muffin pan (the cups should be around 3/4 full).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (until fork/toothpick comes out clean).
- Remove from oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
MAKES 12 SERVINGS. NUTRIENTS PER SERVING:
- 148 calories
- 4 grams total fat
- 3 grams fiber
- 180 milligrams sodium
- 29 grams carbs
- 2 grams saturated fat
- 16 grams of sugar
- 175 milligrams potassium