- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 red bell pepper, halved lengthwise,stemmed and seeded
- 1 small eggplant, cut into ½-inch-thick rounds
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 medium red onion, cut into ½-inch-thick rounds
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 ¼ pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
Preparation – 45 minutes active and ready in 45 minutes
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high.
- Combine oil, basil, marjoram, and salt in a small bowl and reserve 1 tablespoon of the mixture in another small bowl; set aside.
- Coat both sides of bell pepper, eggplant, zucchini, tomato, and onion pieces with cooking spray. Grill vegetables, turning once, until soft and charred in spots. About 5 minutes per side for the pepper, 4 minutes per side for the eggplant and zucchini and 3 minutes per side for the tomatoes and onion.
- As the vegetables finish cooking, place them in a large bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
- Rub the tablespoon of reserved herb mixture on both sides of chicken and sprinkle with pepper. Grill the chicken until cooked through and no longer pink in the center; 4-5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, transfer the grilled vegetables to a cutting board and chip into 1-inch pieces. Return to the bowl and toss with vinegar and the remaining herb mixture.
- Serve the grilled chicken with the ratatouille.
Nutritional facts per serving:
(Makes 4 servings)
17 grams of carbs
103 milligrams of cholesterol
15 grams of total fat
9 gram of sugar
35 grams of protein
657 milligrams of sodium
6 grams of fiber
Click here to download this recipe as a pdf.