“I’ll just work out tomorrow”, is a sentence that I found myself uttering far too often especially considering that the gym that I would work out in was in my building, and membership was entirely free. I would have an excuse for every time that I missed, which was frequently.
A few pounds later, I came to the onerous realization that I am the kind of person that requires extrinsic motivation to get me moving and into the gym. After some research, I discovered that I was not the only one. My research yielded the following result. The key component to getting motivated is getting accountable. Here are a few tips that you can use to help get you back to working out!
- Set solid fitness goals, break them down into actionable deeds, and prominently display them. Research has found that you are more likely to complete your goals if you break them down into individual actions.
- Tell your friends, family, and peers about it! Telling your friends, family, and peers about your goals will hold you accountable to your word.
- Download a fitness app, that can serve as a daily reminder to work out
- Reward yourself for completed workouts
- Get an appointment-based trainer to help you maintain accountability during your journey to fitness! Utilizing resources such as the expertise of a personal trainer will aide you in your journey
Allow a Vita trainer to help in getting you accountable for your fitness! For further information on getting accountable for your fitness, contact us today and schedule your first step to a lifetime of wellness.
– C. A. Cortes